Megan Hefner, Choir Instructor
The Benton Middle School Choir is composed of 6th and 7th graders. The choir performs two major concerts per school year and at various civic events in the community.
A Girls' Ensemble, composed of 18 seventh grade girls, also performs at various civic events and sings at the State Capitol each December.
- Basics of Music
- Vocal Fundamentals
- Choral Singing
Grades will be based on the following:
Class Choir Notebook
Review of class notes
All students must attend and participate in all concerts. Concert absences are excused ONLY upon extreme emergencies, sickness documented by a medical doctor's excuse, or other reason approved in writing by Mrs. Norman in advance of the concert. Parents should notify Mrs. Norman as soon as possible prior to the concert.
Rule of Conduct
(For Classroom Conduct)
- All students are expected to behave properly during all classes and school functions.
- Students should be in their proper assigned seat when the bell rings for class to begin.
- Outbursts or criticism of other students will not be tolerated.
- Speak ONLY with permission.
- Do NOT disrupt class.
- First offense -- Warning
- Second offense -- DH or written assignment (Instructor's choice)
- Third offense -- Pink slip