"Providing students with a differentiated curriculum to meet their individual needs"
The Gifted Program within the Benton School District celebrates the individual values, needs, and talents of each identified student and provides unique learning opportunities to advance their educational experiences.
Gifted students are those with high potential whose educational needs, learning characteristics, and abilities require substantially different educational experiences and services not provided for in the regular instructional program. In order to be identified for Benton’s gifted program, a student must demonstrate high or superior ability, task commitment, and creativity.
Our gifted program will:
- Extend the scope and horizons of curriculum
- Promote higher level thought processes
- Incorporate critical and creative thinking skills into instruction
- Study in-depth areas of interest
- Foster social and emotional well being
- Cultivate an awareness and understanding of the world and their place within it
- Create a sense of community that values the individual
In our commitment to quality education, the Benton School District adheres to the Arkansas Department of Education's Gifted and Talented Rules and Regulations.
PARENT REFERRAL: If you would like to nominate your child, please click Parent Referral to complete the following form.
|Kristi Chumley, Gifted and Talented and Advanced Placement Coordinator|
501-778-4861 ext. 1038
|Anne Felan, Gifted and Talented Facilitator, Angie Grant Elementary|
|Annette Armstrong, Gifted and Talented Facilitator, Ringgold Elementary|
|Kim Cole, Gifted and Talented Facilitator, Benton Middle School|
|Melanie Kiker, Gifted and Talented Facilitator, Howard Perrin Elementary|
|Morgan Roseberry, Gifted and Talented Facilitator, Caldwell Elementary|