Important Information about Graduation 2020
Where: The graduation ceremony will be held at the Benton Athletic Complex
When: July 11th at 9:00 am.
-Gates will open at 7:00 am; Students must be present at 8:00 am.
-Students will enter the indoor facility where they will be lined up and maintain social distancing throughout the ceremony.
-Students will enter the playing surface where they will be seating a minimum of 6 feet away from the nearest student.
-Student speakers will begin the ceremony seated at the stage and will clean the microphone after each speaker.
-During the ceremony each graduate will approach the stage and receive their diploma from a table. The diploma will be presented to the graduate by a designated school board member.
Photography: Each graduate will leave the stage, take a picture (Lifetouch), and return to their seat.
Post: After the graduation ceremony is concluded the graduates will be led back to the indoor facility where they will exit through the end roll up doors.
Guests: Due to social distancing requirements and seating restrictions, each graduate will be allowed only 4 guests.
- Each graduate will be issued 4 tickets on one sheet with their name labeled. All tickets must remain together and all four guests must enter the facility at the same time and be seated together. This is to ensure that seating restrictions are followed as indicated on the plan approved by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the Arkansas Department of Health.
- Gate workers will keep up with student’s tickets as they are turned in at the event.
- Masks will be required by all guest, 10 years old or older, before being allowed into the facility.
- Guests must sit in designated areas only and will be directed by school personnel.
o Every other row will be marked off and 6 feet will be marked off between each 4 person seating area.
o School personnel will be placed throughout the facility to ensure smooth operation.
o Seating areas will be: The home bleachers, visiting bleachers, and band stands.
- The event will be live streamed and recorded for those unable to attend.